Genetic ID offers a full menu of qualitative and quantitative GMO testing options that can be customized to suit your products and your buyer's needs.
Selecting the best test for your needs involves many considerations, including the type of product, the nature of the sample, the likely sources of GMO, turnaround time needed, buyer requirements, export markets, and government regulations. We recommend that you consult one of our account managers before making your testing decision. Their expertise will help you achieve the most effective economical solution for your specific testing requirements.
Keeping costs down by choosing the correct test
The key to controlling costs without increasing risk is skilful guidance in GMO test selection. Genetic ID can tailor your GMO testing program to meet your specific needs without incurring unnecessary costs.
Our goal is to give you the most protection for the lowest cost. For example:
- In many cases, an economical qualitative GMO test to confirm the presence or absence of GMOs will suffice. Only if the qualitative GMO test result is positive will a more expensive quantitative GMO test be required.
- When quantitation is required, a range of GMO testing options is available.
- Variety identification tests can be customized to your export destination, saving you money while assuring compliance with import regulations.
- Genetic ID offers a wide range of GMO tests accredited to ISO17025 standard that can be customized to meet your needs.
Types of tests available
- GMO Qualitative Analysis reports presence or absence of GMO, but will not quantify how much GMO is present. Genetic ID's limit of detection is 0.01%.
- GMO Real-Time Quantitative Analysis reports the quantitative results of GMO content. Genetic ID's limit of detection is 0.01% and limit of quantification is 0.05%.
- Standard analysis: Results are available within three working days
- Rapid analysis: Results are available by 16:00-17:00 (CET) on the following working day.
- Express analysis: Results are available by 12:00 noon (Central European Time, CET) on the following working day.
Multiple tests on the same sample
If a sample requires more than one GMO test, the additional GMO testing fees may be reduced provided no further DNA extraction is required.
You can order multiple GMO tests, either concurrently or as an upgrade. Alternatively, you can apply for auto-upgrades, which means the laboratory will automatically quantify or identify positive results, as previously agreed with you. This will decrease the time needed for the additional results. Please call for more information.
Our Genetic ID account managers work in partnership with you to help you meet all your GMO-related challenges. Genetic ID has the expertise and technological capabilities to build a custom test to suit your company's specific GMO detection requirements. Please contact us for more information.